Non-return valve Q-FLAP
Cost-effective isolation of air intake pipes at filters and separators
Q-Flap non-return explosion valves can be used to isolate explosions effectively in virtually all areas of industry. The Q-Flap is suitable for aspiration lines of filtering separators and suction lines at mills.
Further possible applications:
- Explosion isolation of dry separators (in the wood processing industry, in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, in grinding GRP components, for paint dusts etc., for blasting machines)
- Special applications, e.g. suction extraction in mills
- For dust concentrations above the lower explosion limits
The flap is mounted on the intake side and kept open during normal operation by the flow of process air. In the case of a breakdown, the flap closes under its own weight. When the plant starts up again, the flap is opened using a damping element or damped by the locking unit.
When an explosion occurs, the flap is closed by the pressure front that spreads through the duct. The explosion can spread no further through the pipe. Staff working at capturing points or system components beyond the valve flap are protected against the effects of the explosion. The flap damping element and the locking unit prevent the flap from opening again shortly after the explosion due to the low pressure created in its aftermath.
- Certified safety: The first non-return valve for isolating explosions of organic dusts to be certified in accordance with EN 16447.
- Fully opening of the inspection cover provides quick access for maintenance without the complete removal of the unit.
- Flexible use in your process: Q-Flap is available for all standard nominal widths up to DN 1000.
- Optional: Integration of a monitoring function offers longer service intervals (Q-Flap Plus).