Q-Rohr®® - the original of flameless venting
Safe and cost-effective solution for indoor applications
Safety and operating efficiency go hand in hand. The Q-Rohr® enables you to implement flame arresting and particulate retention explosion venting in closed rooms. No complicated ducts for outdoor venting or associated restructuring of production equipment are required. With the Q-Rohr® there is now nothing to prevent you from using the optimum layout for your production plant while guaranteeing the best possible explosion safety. In addition, Q-Rohr® is unrivaled in terms of running costs. Eliminating vent ducts saves you money not only on installation but also on servicing and maintenance.
Your competitive advantages
- Process-optimised plant layout
- No external maintenance costs
The Q-Rohr® is ideal for indoor plants that are at risk of dust and gas explosions. Many new plants are equipped directly with the Q-Rohr® as it offers a wide range of flexible installation options. Retrofitting is also simplicity itself. The Q-Rohr® can be used to protect filters, dryers, cyclones and can be used with gases, hybrid mixtures, metal dusts, melting dusts or fibres.
Optional sanitary cover prevents accumulation / contamination of the Q-Rohr® flame trap mesh in dusty areas.
The special stainless steel mesh filter inlet developed by REMBE® cools the hot flame gases (up to 1500°C (2732°F) or even 3000°C (5432°F) for metal dusts) extremely efficiently. This reduces the volume of gas ejected and extinguishes the explosion.
- Perfect protection of the surrounding area. Guaranteed flame arresting and particulate retention - no hazardous pressure wave effects.
- REMBE® is the first manufacturer in the world to be certified for metal dusts.
- The complete production process remains in the building.
- No running costs for vent ducts or external maintenance, a visual inspection is sufficient.
- The Q-Rohr® is a flexible solution – it can even be used in the middle of your production halls. Proximity to an external wall is not required.
- Integrated signalling unit for reliable monitoring.
- Noise level and rise of pressure typically associated with explosions are greatly reduced to an acceptable harmless level.
- Immediately reusable and operational after cleaning of the flame trap and replacement of the explosion vent.
DE 38 22 012;
US 7, 905, 244
| || |
|SIL equivalent: SIL 2|
The combination of the Q-Rohr® and isolation systems prevents pressure waves and flames propagating to other parts of the plant.